Thursday, March 13, 2008

Us the Middle-Age...


As I am a product of the 80's, it give me a great joy to find Andrew McCarthy on NBC's Lipstick Jungle. Last time I saw him on a screen of any size, it was in early 90's - Joy Luck Club, where I was heartbroken to see his thinning, receding hairline. No, I was not "Andrew McCarthy" girl - that was my sister - I was more like "Rob Lowe" type - never mind about McDreamy as I did not know he even existed until I took my daughter to see Disney's "Enchanted" last year - oh No, that's not correct. I saw a photo of him on the cover of Seattle Magazine last year or so, featuring "Seattle's Best Doctor". There was this photo of Dr Shepherd at Grace something hospital I've never heard of - and I actually try to locate this doctor's office.

So, back to Lipstick Jungle - I watched this program's entire episodes in one night because I wanted to spot Brook Shields carrying my favorite Bottega Cabat bag in black patent - exactly the same one that is supposed to be coming on its way from Bottega store in Las Vegas. But my minds and eyes were fixated on our 80's Brat Pack boy. He still had that cute Mama's boy shy smile that my sister found irresistible (again, not me!). Then I kept thinking about our aging process... how Brook Shields aged since the time of "Pretty Baby" - or "Blue Lagoon".... and Andrew McCarthy from "Class" and "St Elmo's Fire"....


I have to say - our Mr McDreamy is definitely better of being 40-something than back in the 80's - either his face grew as he aged - or his nose somehow shrunk but everything seems to fit comfortable.....

My Rob Lowe looks charming regardless - even when he was in that embarrassing time of his life....

Brook Shields looks very elegant and comfortable now.

Now Mr McCarthy.... I still cannot put him in anything but Kevin in St Elmo's fire - the twisted romantic who was desperately in love with Leslie... time sort of stopped since 1985 no matter how much hair he lost and how much wrinkles he acquired...

For myself - I tell everybody - turning 40+ was the best thing in life - I've earned "it" whatever that "it" is - I take no crap from anybody - and if Narcisso and Pucci do not make clothes that fits me, well too bad for them! Monsieur Elbaz will make them for me!

No comments: